Monday, September 28, 2009

Keep Dreaming‏

Afraid of what I would see
If I peeked inside,
I became deaf and dumb
To the emotions that my heart cried out;



The day slowly slips by
Bringing nothing to conclusion
Bringing nothing new to light,
It slowly dragged on the inevitable;



With every step that I take,
My confidence grows even further
Allowing me to take on everything
Allowing me to acknowledge my emotions;



Like a wild fire, that went out of control,
The madness around me morphed from a 
Child with no fears, into an adult
Scared to accept what my hearts cries out;



It seems that I knew this forever,
Lying within me, making it presence felt now and then,
Like the seasons changing,
My mind changed what I once thought was forever;



Time slipped so quickly,
And before I could take a breath,
I realized it’s now or never,
I realized how much I had lost;



Shrouded by the safe haven I built around me,
I failed to acknowledge the beautiful sun shining outside,
I failed to notice the chirping of the birds,
I forgot to laugh and smile enjoying the things I like to do;



As each wave of emotions came in slowly,
Under the bright light of the moon,
I stood here hypnotized by the glow of
What life still has to offer;



Amidst the chaos of my soul,
One dim light still flickered on,
Strong enough to prevent the
Darkness engulfing my soul completely;



Strong enough to keep the
River of dreams flowing
To keep dreaming of a wonderful
Beginning for you and me together;

No comments:

Post a Comment